Saturday, April 14, 2007

Girl's Night Out!



Okay, I got a new computer...an imac. So while it's all cute and everything, I'm still getting used to how completely different it is than a PC. So I have no idea how this blog post is going to post because this is all different. But here we go.

I'm dedicating this post to some girls who are so dear to my heart. My old roommates/friends from BYU. We try to go out once a month and have fun like we're still young college girls! (we can get pretty silly!) In this picture (if the right one will post) we have Haya Miller who is also an Arizona native and our "club president" of course moved back to Mesa after graduating. She is a reading teacher at Poston Junior High. Kristin McPhie (that's me) from Mesa and brought Ryan here when he was done with school. Lindsey Phillips who did study abroad in London and met her husband there, and now they live in London with a cute little girl named Isabell. Lindsey doesn't usually make it out to our monthly girl's night. :) But it was so much fun to have her last night and catch up! Ivette Green who moved in with Haya here in Mesa after school, met her husband John, and now they live in Queen Creek, and Thera Tolman who just moved to Chandler with her husband Bryan. We're missing of course Desiree and Diana (Diana is moving here next week!) among others. Anyway, last night we went to the Elephant Bar for dinner (it was so yummy!) and then since it was Friday the 13th, we saw a scary movie...Disturbia! It was good and oh so scary! I love these girls so much and look forward to our girl's night every month
A couple of month's ago for our girl's night, we thought we'd dress up like we were going to a formal and go to a dinner theater! It was so funny because apparently this dinner theater we went to was a place that "older people" like to go. They all thought that we were so beautiful instead of silly. We had so much fun though. I thought it would be funny to wear flourescent pink lipstick. You might recognize that shade from a previous post-"Lovely Lippy". (Gwen loves it!) So thank you girls for your friendship, I love you!!!

8 comments:

Summer Adams said...

Ok, that is so fun! I'm glad you get to do that! Aren't good friends so important?! I feel sorry for women that don't take some time out to do that. It is such a fun break to laugh and be silly and then excite you to come home again and keep being an awesome mom and wife. I think Girls' Nite Outs are so therapeutic and so important, if you have the right friends. You girls look awesome!

Lindsey said...

Kristen! Yay! I love your blog and am so happy I have the address now. Last Friday night was so fun and I loved catching up with you girls. Wish I could be at the monthly girls night all time.

Layton Clan said...

You are so great Kristen!!! I absolutley adore girls night out. I wish my girlfriends from college were all here, but they are all over! We will have to get together and do a 'girls night out'. Love ya girl. jen

brian and thera tolman said...

Your blog is so cute!! I love our girls nights. It's a great tradition thanks to Haya's coordinating. We are going to miss you if you leave for the summer- DON'T GO! It's so fun to see the pictures of you and your cute family and read about your adventures.

Morgan said...

Kristin, I've met you, but I'm sure you don't remember me. My family is really good friends with Ryan and his family. My name is Morgan Busath, I'm from Sacramento, and the good old Galena days. I found your blog through Summer (Crosby) Adams' blog. I hope you don't mind if I check in on your blog to keep updated.

I am at nateolsonfamily.blogspot.com, and my sister Whitney, who is also good friends with Ryan, her link is on my page as well.

glad I found you guys!

whitney said...

hey kristen, i'm morgan's sister whitney busath. it's so fun to see your blog and your little girl is soooo beautiful! you'll have to tell ryan that i said hi. he and i were in galena together starting when we were little tykes. :) your girls night out looks totally fun. my blog is:
benwhitshafer.blogspot.com
i look forward to checking in on you guys from time to time! oh, hey, are you guys going camping in santa cruz this year? we'll be there, so maybe we'll see ya.

whitney said...

so i just looked down at your pictures and realized that you have a little boy too. oh my freankin' cute! you guys sure make beautiful children!

Jennifer said...

Kristin, you are soooo skinny! How is it possible that you had a baby 9 months ago??? I had a baby 9 months ago too, and do I look like that? Noooooooooooooo.