Monday, January 26, 2009

six things about me!

My gorgeous friend Catherine just tagged me, and at first I thought, oh, I just did one of these.  But I checked and it was over a year ago!  Too bad I already put the most interesting stuff on the other one.  But here we go:

1. --- there is no rule one. 2. Post the rules on your blog 3. List 6 random things about yourself. 4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post. 5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. 6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

I think this is just going to be a list of embarrassing confessions.
1.  I could live off of carbs!  Candy and bread mostly.  And when I say candy, I don't mean chocolate, because I DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE!  But I'm so pathetic that last week I bought a loaf of French bread and ate the WHOLE thing before dinner.  Keep me away from the bakery.
2.  
This is my natural hair color!  You may not be impressed, but it's been about 13 years since the hair on my head was all my natural color!  And I'm proud to say that I have yet to find a grey hair.  Knock on wood.  But I've had the itch reallly bad lately to add some color to it.  I can't decide if I want to go back to high maintenance color again.
3.  I made lingerie for a sewing project at BYU! 
4.  I peed my pants running the 1/2 marathon last week.  At mile two!  And it wasn't intentional, but I'm sure as most of you mothers know jumping, running, laughing, they all require a little more concentration after babies.  But in my defense, the lines for the porta pottys at the start were really long, and I knew there'd be more along the way.  I just thought I could make it more than two miles.  But I was running with Jasmyn and we laughed a lot.  Whatever, I'm a real runner now.
5.   When I get really excited or nervous, my fingertips and toes itch.  I have to curl my toes tight and scratch or bite my fingertips.  And when I'm super nervous/excited, my nose tingles too.  Imagine giving a talk in Sacrament meeting while it feels like your nose is going to wiggle right off your face.

This one I have to put up a PG-13 lable.  You've been warned: 
6.  This is what I always use as my most embarrassing moment story.  Ryan and I were caught being "newlyweds" by our BISHOPRIC!!!!  Right after we got married we lived in a basement apartment.  The only way to get to the door is going through a gate, into the backyard and down a stairwell.  Nobody knew we lived there (so we thought).  We forgot that we had our records transfered and the bishopric came to welcome the new couple to the ward.  We just happened to have the door open because it was a nice autumn day.  

Now that I have made a sufficient fool out of myself, I have to tag six more, and the least you can do after I spilled the beans is do it too.  :)  

7 comments:

Morgan said...

great random facts! especially loved the pg-13 rated one! ;)

congrats on your first half marathon!

Zac and Catherine Griffith Fam said...

That was awesome. Ya you and Ryan are not good for a normal marraige to be around! :) You set very high standards!J/K! I used to live with Brooke. We didn't go to beauty school together we were roomates in the hood right by the temple. It was fun times! I peed my pants the other night b/c I fell asleep on the couch and when I woke up it was really late and I couldn't get up in time. I guess two kids puts you into the danger zone!

Rushele said...

Love #6!!! That is hilarious! We have a similar story, but not quite as bad. Maybe I'll have to post it on my tag.
So, do you always say NO to giving church talks? I would!! Actually I have serious issues with doing it anyway and I don't get itchy fingers, toes and nose! That's kinda funny, but I'm sure very annoying!

Chelsea said...

ROTFL at #6. the thought of that story is going to keep me entertained all day.

Jonathan and Sarah said...

That is super embarrasing and awkward!!

Monica Mary said...

I did it! Thanks for the tag. loved reading yours!

Bella Beginnings said...

Funny that you were with Jasmyn, because the first and only time I every peed my pants while running was under Jasymn's watchful eye. Regionals for track for Senior year and I wanted to pr but had told her (she was helping coach) that I always had to pee at the end and that is made it so I couldn't run my fullest at the end. So she told me to pee and just get my PR. So I followed her instruction and of course got my PR but also got pee down my leg. Luckily the bathrooom was close and I was able to change. So thanks Jasymn!!! Funny story about your bishop at BYU and the lingerie. What did your teacher say when you turned in the project?