Thursday, March 08, 2012

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Banana Bread

Oh. My. Goodness.
This is good.

I buy bananas all the time, because I eat a lot of bananas.
Plus if I have extras, and they go bad, then that's only an excuse to make banana bread!
I have a go to recipe that I make all the time. It is so yummy, with orange peel in it to add a nice flavor. I'll post that one sometime.

But for now, I'll post this recipe.
I love Emily Malone's blog Daily Garnish!
The other day she posted this Whole Wheat Oatmeal Banana Bread recipe that's vegan. Well I didn't keep mine totally vegan. I threw in an egg to add a little more leavening because I was worried that it'd be too dense. Plus I used Coach's Oats rather than rolled oats, so I thought it might need a little more liquid.
It turned out FANTASTIC!!
Go make this yummy, healthy bread. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

Tara T said...

go ahead and FedEx me a loaf :)