Monday, May 14, 2007

byu girlfriends

So I feel like I've been blogging like crazy lately! I'm very feast and famine. But Diana just emailed me these pictures so I had to put them up. We've been getting together a lot lately. First for Diana's birthday, Happy Birthday Diana! We all went to Oregano's for some yummy pizza and salad. We were seated outside, and there was a car alarm that was going off the WHOLE time! Ryan went around and asked everyone in the restaraunt if it was their car, it wasn't. So we tried calling the towing company, and they weren't going to do anything, so we called the police, and they didn't do anything either. And if the car alarm wasn't bad enough, it started raining (yes is AZ) on us. But we still had so much fun and had some silly times in the parking lot afterwards.
Then we all got together again to eat at Tia Rosa's for Cinco De Mayo. So much fun!


So in other news, change is something I don't love. For the past year and a half I've been the secretary in Relief Society. This has really been the best calling I've ever had! I've got to work with two presidencies, and have become such good friends with those sisters I've worked with. In fact, the second Relief Society President I was with (our current RS prez) is my mom!!! It was such a good experience to work with her, and it was so convenient to do visits with her. But I'm now leaving RS, and I'm going to be the Mia Maid advisor. Don't get me wrong, I love YW and am so excited to work with them, I'm just really going to miss RS. So I'll go where you want me to go.....yadda yadda yadda

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wait, are you back in Maricopa Stake??

IronLawGirl said...

no, I'm in Lehi stake

whitney said...

fun times! i love getting together with girlfriends. it's the best. and i looove that picture of gwen with her naked bum. i think naked bums on babies are like the cutest things ever. :)

Lindsey said...

I'm so jealous I couldn't be there with you girls! So much fun. I love every single one of you!

Lindsey said...

p.s. I meant to comment before, but I am SO impressed with your garden. You're amazing, Kristen.

Summer Adams said...

That looks fun! That pic of you dancing is adorable. So, you're gonna be the Mia Maid advisor? They released me from Beehives and then called me to be the MM advisor too but I had to turn it down since we could be moving for a job and I'll be in Cali most of June. You'll LOOOOVE it!!!! I really missed RS as well but it's amazing what impact your lessons and example can have on those young women. It's so rewarding. You're perfect for the job. They'll adore you!!! Have fun!

JnR said...

I was just called as MM advisor too! We'll have to swap ideas this is my first time in the YW!

Bowman Family said...

Jennifer... she is in ZION - the LEHI Stake!!! :-)
Kristin, I loved serving with you and the wonderful presidency we had! YW is great! You will be surprised at the influence you have on the girls now that you have an understanding of what they need to know before they enter RS. You get to teach them how much RS Rocks! Just remember you are only on the other side of the building now, not the other side of the world! We won't forget about you.
Love ya! :-)