Monday, March 05, 2007

Future NRA member!

We went shooting with the Bowman's, Budge's and Castillo's this weekend, and had a BLAST...literally! :) Gwen especially loved shooting the little BB gun and as soon as she had it in her hands, she was pulling the trigger and then anxiously waiting for me to pump it again. What's cuter than a two year old shooting a gun!? AHHHHHH!!!

She was so proud of herself! And wanted to do it all by herself. Since she wouldn't wear ear plugs in her ears, Jayne Bowman was nice enough to share her princess beanie with ear covers on it with Gwen.

I'm so lucky to have such a cute husband and daughter! And we all were so lucky that Drake was asleep in the car for all of the shooting time, and then woke up and came out for the campfire and yummy hamburgers. This is Ryan wearing his sexy eye protection, he's shooting a World War 2 muzzle loader. Jay's dad came too with some fun guns, and he and Ryan had a good time talking about Scotland.

5 comments:

Summer Adams said...

Wow, that is great seeing Gwen with a gun, I'm totally cracking up. Glad to see we're not the only parents that would ever do that. Before Josh's dad passed away, he was a gunsmith. So Josh grew up around guns and went on lots of shoots as a family. We'd love to do that one of these days and now you make me feel better about doing it :) Thanks! Fun pics by the way. Nice glasses Ry!

Summer Adams said...

ps - Kristin, I meant to tell you that I love the earrings even in such a casual setting :) You're a girl after my own heart, hah! And I LOVE Gwen's chubby cheeks. Glad to know that Brooklyn's not the only one with those things :)

Layton Clan said...

Okay, the second one down of Gwen is HILARIOUS! She is SO cute. I swear her face says: 'alright, I've got air in my gun, I am in perfect shooting form and I am ready to fire; watch out mom.' What a fun time. You are such a great momma Kristen!

JacksonFamily said...

My family used to do that all the time... I miss the good ole days.

Bowman Family said...

Hey guys! I love Gwenny's smile. She is a natural just like her mommy! Ryan, I love the glasses! We had such a great time. Can't wait to do it again!!!