Thursday, February 11, 2010

donuts and candy

Well, the Pioneer Woman inspired me to make these today.
Tawnya came over and helped and we were just delighted at how they turned out. I LOVE homemade donuts. I'm just going to try not to think about the number of donuts/calories I've consumed today!
We used her recipe, and followed it pretty close up until we saw the directions had you refrigerate the dough for 8 hours. We wanted to eat them today so we just let them rise an extra time like making bread. Also, the dough was REALLY soft, so we added about an extra cup of flour! They turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

< With Valentine's Day approaching, we have been enjoying ourselves some delicious V-Day candy!! The Gobstopper HeartBreakers are my personal fav. We've been munching these for about the past month, but I haven't been able to find them at the stores for the last week and a half! Come on retailers, keep the stuff stocked until the holiday's here!
And Dots of course has their Valentine Dots out! The flavors are Cherry Vanilla, and Passionfruit Vanilla. The Cherry were better, and I still found myself eating them like how I eat my Candy Corn. I bite off the color and toss the white part.

And lastly, HAS ANYONE SEEN CINNAMON BEARS FOR SALE ANYWHERE? I've been craving these since Christmas, and I can't find them anywhere! I've checked Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, Fry's and Bashas, and apparently these are off the market! Oh BYU Bookstore, why do you have to be so far away? Right now I'd be buying the Cinnamon Lips that you have out for V-Day!

4 comments:

Tawnya said...

Like I said, I'm the only one eating the donuts.....too bad there's not a spin class tomorrow.

Jasmyn said...

I made chocolate chip cookies last night and I think I have had 7 (not small either) cookies in the last 24 hours...

I am glad that I can count on you for all the seasonal candy updates;)

Jonathan and Sarah said...

MMmmmm, this post made me want to eat LOTS of sweets!!!!

Bella Beginnings said...

try sprouts... you can sometimes get them by the pound.