Sunday, July 18, 2010

my boy is growing!

Friday night I kissed my three year old Drakey boy good bye forever and then went back to work on this baby.
I'm so darn clever! (he turned four)
When Drake decided he wanted a Yoda cake for his birthday, I might have been a little panicked. So I decided to make a buttercream transfer, and it was so much easier than I thought. All except for when I tried rolling it up to put it on the cake! If you do a buttercream transfer, DON'T try to roll it up. I squished it, had to re-freeze it, and then was mostly successful at salvaging Yoda.
Drake often (like 4 outta 5 nights) will wake up in the middle of the night and get out of bed and then get in bed with me for the rest of the night. Strangely he decided the couch the night before his birthday. So instead of breakfast in bed, he had breakfast on the couch.
He really wanted a Star Wars birthday, and we didn't even have the movies,
so this was a no brainer birthday present.
The light saber.
He now believes he's a Jedi Knight.

We took the kids to Jump and Shout, then off to see Despicable Me.
(such a cute movie!! highly recommended)
Then had the family over for cake and ice cream bar.


And this is how his night ended. Conked out on the coffee table with his toys surrounding him. Aww, my baby is four!!! Does that mean he's not a toddler anymore?

2 comments:

Emily said...

That cake looks amazing! I love your wittiness. The last picture is awesome! Happy birthday Drake!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your baby boy!! You have to share details on how you made that cake transfer! It looks wonderful!