Tuesday, January 03, 2012

off to a bad start~

It's possible. Especially considering the tragedies that have already occurred this year.

1. Gwen came up to me crying January 1, asking me to pull a sliver out of her finger. No problem. I do have a couple of super human traits, and my eyesight happens to be one of them. I can read street signs way before anybody else in the car can! I pride myself on my 20/10 vision (I can see at 20 feet what "normal" people see at 10 feet). So then why in the world couldn't I get my eyes to focus on the itty bitty little sliver in Gwen's finger?!?!?! Face it Kristin, your vision is not what it used to be. (my other super human trait is that I have incredible sense of smell. Unfortunately, this is often to my own demise. Breath, B.O., stinky diaper, cup of old chocolate milk in your kid's room, you name it, I smell it so strong!! I'd never want to be married to someone with a good sniffer. I'm sorry Ryan. Last night Ryan took out the pipes under the kitchen sink so we could clean them out since the drain was so slow. I literally puked while trying to clean out the pipes. So Ryan had to take over. Awful I tell you.)
2. This morning I found my FIRST GRAY HAIR!!!!!!! Seriously, did this have to happen two days after I came to grips with my eyes? I'm aging faster than a banana. Why did I think it wouldn't happen to me? I don't know, but it's not cool. Not cool.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Oh man, I can totally relate! My eyes use to be so fantastic, but now, not so much. I'm in denial. I'm actually the LAST person to read the street signs in the car. LOL